Established in 1998, TOTAL Egypt is one of the largest subsidiaries of French energy company TOTAL SA outside Europe and the second largest private downstream operator in Egypt, operating over 240 service stations. The company is a key industry player with a large market share in aviation and owns logistical assets such as hydrants, tank farms, and blending facilities. Under the Bonjour brand, the company owns and operates a vast network of retail stations and fully integrated convenience stores in Egypt.
B Investments and its affiliates (all managed by BPE Partners) partnered with TOTAL SA in the downstream business through TOTAL Egypt in the areas of retail service stations, lubricants, commercial and industrial operations, aviation and logistics. Through TOTAL Egypt, B Investments and TOTAL SA jointly acquired and integrated the downstream assets of Chevron Egypt and Shell Egypt. Through this investment, B Investments sought to capitalize on a sizeable market with significant growth potential, a diverse stronghold of businesses and steady cash flows, favorable net working capital dynamics, and the knowledge of a committed global player with vast experience in downstream MEA.
- Operation of a large branded network of service stations for the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel
- The company also offers a host of complementary non-oil service offerings such as Bonjour Shops, Café Bonjour, Starbucks stations, TBS and Gourmet stalls, TOTAL Service oil changes, and TOTAL Wash
- Manufacturing (including a lubricant blending facility), distribution, and retail sales of automotive and industrial lubricants
- The company is a key player in the car dealer retail segment and is party to several exclusive agreements to supply authorized dealers with TOTAL lubricants
- Operates through a blending facility in Alexandria owned through a JV with Oil Libya
- Bulk sale deliveries of fuel a diversified base of top-tier Egyptian commercial and industrial customers
- On-site filtration and particle count analysis
- TOTAL Commercial Card program in place, allowing industrial clients to track and effectively control consumption
- Operation of logistics-related (tank farms and depots) to the distribution activities
- Sale of aviation fuel to local customers or as part of the Air TOTAL network
- Dominant position in the private aviation fuel market with a presence in both Cairo International Airport (strong private market share) and Marsa Alam Airport (exclusive jet fuel provider
- Retail and bulk sale of compressed natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas